Composing for directors including Jonathan Demme and Spike Lee, the music of Mecca Bodega is featured in award-winning films, soundtracks, TV programs, commercials and dance scores.
Whether it is the acclaimed soundtrack for HBO’s Subway Stories, a PBS documentary or commercial work for Land Rover, their imaginative music has been heard around the world. Mecca Bodega combines African drums and Middle Eastern percussion with hammered dulcimer, flutes, found objects, guitars and didjeridoo to create a unique, refreshing sound that is both hypnotic and filled with dynamic energy.
From their New York studio, they are able to create specialized songs, full-length soundtracks and custom sound design. Mecca Bodega continues to reach audiences everywhere through their amazing live performances at venues such as Lollapollooza, Woodstock (reunion), Celebrate Brooklyn Summer Festival, Grand Central Station and Lincoln Center as well as touring the US and Australia.
- Mecca Bodega Movie Scores:
- Conservation of Great Apes Around The World – The Arcus Foundation 2013
- CARE – director Brett Wagner 2012
- Flower Child – Wonder World Film and Video 2006
- Street Music – JD Marlow 2003
- Musik Im Untergrund – German PBS Documentary 2002
- HBO – Goodnight Moon and Other Sleepytime Tales 1999
- Picture This – D.I.G. Pictures 1999
- HBO – Subway Stories – including director Jonathan Demme 1997
- PBS of South Africa – Hasten Slowly: The Life of Sir Laurens Van Der Post (Turtle Rock Productions) 1996
- This Nervous Thing – Film maker Edda Santos 1995
- Mecca Bodega Modern Dance Scores:
- Fern’s Heart Of Darkness – Pina Bausch – U.S./European Tour 2001
- Streetbeat – New Dance Alliance, NYC and Philadelphia 1997
- Fire – Maxine Moerman Chinese Theater of Chinatown, NYC 1995
- Three Phases of a Woman – Merce Cunningham Studio, NYC 1991